You have permission to publish this article electronically
or in print, free of charge, as long as the bylines are
included. A courtesy copy of your publication would be
appreciated - send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
10 Viral Marketing Strategies to Try
Viral advertising and viral marketing are popular means of allowing people to freely pass along or distribute your free product, service and / or information to others. The main viral concept is that you include your targeted ad with the freebie so that hopefully a percentage of the recipients will read your ad and order paid products and services from you at some point in the future.
To help you kick start some viral campaigns, here are 10 viral marketing strategies:
1. Give other people the right to reprint your articles. They can use them on websites, in ecourses, guides, ezines, print newsletters, magazines, reports, ebooks and more, so in your resource box or byline at the end of the article, include permission for others to reprint the piece, keeping the resource box intact.
2. Set up an online forum or discussion board with your banner ad at the top and share it with others who do not have anything similar for their sites. Invite forum subscribers to link up in a similar manner.
3. Create and package a special report, an ebook, learning series or other item from time to time, and insert your ads in all of them. Invite your clients, prospects and others to include these specials as freebies or free bonuses for their own clients, prospects, members and others.
4. Set up free web sites on your server and include your company banner with link somewhere on the page for promotions. Then give away the free space, requiring people to keep your banner ad in place in exchange for the hosting service at no charge.
5. Set up a free link directory. Then invite others to add their links to your directory in exchange for a return a link back to your directory site.
6. Offer some type of free online service like free 5-minute consulting sessions or e-mails, search engine, domain or RSS submissions, etc. Then invite others to share these services with their subscribers, website visitors and others.
7. Create or outsource the creation of new software. Brand it. Then invite people to give it away free to others.
8. Create or outsource the creation of some awesome web site templates and / or graphics. Brand them. Then invite people to use them and give them away free to others.
9. Create or outsource the creation of an ebook, report or other info product. Brand the content with your ads. Then invite others to insert their own free ads in exchange for promoting the item(s) to their lists, in their ezines, on their websites, etc.
10. Once again, create or outsource the creation of an ebook, report or other info product. And brand the content with your ads. This time simply give the item(s) away, and invite recipients to also give the item(s) away.
So kick start your own viral campaigns. See what works best for your products and services, and then repeat accordingly with new campaigns all year long to keep a healthy flow of leads coming your way.