If you really want the best deals in investment properties, you have to increase your odds by finding more deals. Who is more likely to get a cheap apartment building, an investor who looks through the MLS listings once and then calls it a day, or the one who uses ten resources?
Here are ten ways below; see what you think:
1. Talk. Let people know you are looking, and sometimes the properties will come to you. There are a lot of owners out there who want to sell, but haven’t yet listed their property.
2. Use the Internet. Go to a search engine and enter the type of real estate you are looking for, along with the city you want to invest in. You never know what you might find.
3. Drive around looking for, “For Sale By Owner” signs. Owners often don’t want to pay to keep their ads in newspaper every week and don’t keep up with other marketing / sales activities on their own. So you won’t see all properties there.
4. Find abandoned properties. That’s a pretty clear sign that the owner doesn’t want to deal with the property. He or she might be ready to make a great deal.
5. Find old “For Rent” ads. Call if they are a few weeks old. Landlords are often ready to sell, especially if they haven’t yet rented the units out.
6. Talk to bankers and other lenders. They may be able to direct you to real estate agents who can help you and properties getting ready to go into foreclosure.
7. Offer someone a finder’s fee. There are people that always seem to hear about the good deals. Have such people come to you.
8. Eviction notices. If your local papers publish eviction notices, or if you can get the information at the courthouse, this info can be useful. A landlord who just went through the process of evicting tenants is a likely seller.
9. Old FSBO ads. If you call on two-month-old “For sale By Owner” ads, and they haven’t sold, they may be ready to deal. Owners often give up the effort, but still would love to sell. Help them out!
10. Place an ad in the paper or in online classified ads. “Looking for investment properties to buy,” might be sufficient to generate a few calls.
Learn more & get help finding your own investment property by reaching out to:www.dianabarnum.com today. Hint: share this post with others who could use some help, too!